Maple-Glazed Heritage Ham
- Bring the ham up to room temperature. We recommend removing it from the fridge at least an hour before you plan on heating it.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the ham in a heavy-bottomed roasting pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper over the ham then cover tightly with aluminum foil. Heat in the oven until the internal temperature reaches about 140 degrees F. An oven-safe probe thermometer works well - poke it into the thickest part of the ham without touching the bone, or in the center of a boneless ham.
- While the ham is on the oven, heat the vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Whisk in maple syrup, mustard, jam, and salt; season with pepper. Cook, whisking, until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Once ham reaches the proper temperature, unwrap and brush with some glaze; raise oven to 475 degrees F. Bake, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze, until browned, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to rest, tented with foil, before serving.