Duck Bacon Carbonara
D'Artagnan | Yield: serves 2 | Cook Time: about 15 minutes
This rich, creamy pasta carbonara recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes. Our smoky duck bacon makes this satisfying comfort food extra-special.
- ½ lb spaghetti or linguini
- 3 ounces duck bacon, sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg and 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Cook pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, put a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté duck bacon until the fat begins to render, then add garlic and continue to sauté until bacon starts to brown and garlic has softened, about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and cheese. Season generously with black pepper.
- Drain pasta, setting aside about 1 cup of pasta water. Add drained pasta to the cheese/egg mixture, stirring with tongs to coat. Add duck bacon/garlic mixture, including the rendered duck fat. Add a bit of the reserved pasta water for creaminess, if needed. Serve immediately, garnished with extra parmesan and a few turns of pepper, if desired.