Moulard Duck Legs
Moulard duck raised cage-free, in open barns, on a vegetarian grain diet, with no added antibiotics or growth hormones. Our small farm follows traditional methods, with an emphasis on a stress-free environment and plenty of space to allow natural flocking behavior. This hybrid breed, known for its rich red meat, gives us the hearty magret, or duck breast, and the ample legs that become delicious duck confit.
- From a New York State farm
- Pure vegetarian diet of corn and soy
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- 4 duck legs, serves 4
- Average weight: 14 oz each
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Confit, Braise, Stew, Roast, Barbecue
Cooking Tips: Duck legs should be cooked slow and low for best results. Often braised, roasted, or a combination of the two, duck legs can also be cooked confit or sous vide then finished on the grill. Cooked then shredded duck leg meat makes a wonderful addition to soups, salads, pasta, grain dishes.