Jumbo Dry Sea Scallops
This item is currently not available
Our jumbo dry sea scallops are harvested off the cold waters of Massachusetts and Maine, where dedicated rotational fishing ensures scallop beds are never over-fished. Family-owned fisheries use traditional diving and trawling methods to haul in our exquisite scallop crop. These are not your ordinary grocery store scallops. Our scallops are jumbo with only 15 pieces per pound, rarely seen outside of restaurant kitchens. Shucked and individually quick frozen at sea without any artificial preservatives or chemicals, allows D’Artagnan scallops to preserve the same freshness as if they came right out of the ocean. Dry scallops – meaning they are never soaked in chemical additives designed to maintain texture and taste – offer the best quality, flavor and firm texture, and won’t shed excess water and weight while cooking.
- Wild caught
- Dry packed, never treated with additives or preservatives
- Jumbo U15 – 15 scallops per lb
- Latin name: Placopecten magellanicus
- 1lb bag, 2 bags total
- Mild, sweet flavor
- Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) to preserve peak freshness
- Product of North America
- For best taste on frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
All seafood purchases will be packaged and shipped separately (at no additional charge) from the rest of your D’Artagnan order.
There are two ways to thaw scallops safely: 1) Slowly in the fridge for about 24 hours per pound. 2) Quickly in a colander in the sink under cold running water. Never thaw at room temperature, and never in warm water. Scallops can be enjoyed simply: pan-seared in butter with nothing but salt and pepper. Scallops can also be baked, sautéed, grilled, boiled or steamed. Take care not to cook too long.
Fried, Sautéed, Baked, Grilled, Boiled or Steamed
How to Properly Thaw Fish:
To protect the high-quality flavor and texture of your fish during thawing, you must remove the frozen fish from the vacuum-sealed packaging in which it is shipped. Details on best defrosting methods can be found here.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions.
- - Keep raw fish and seafood separate from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw fish or seafood.
- - Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- - Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
- - Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- - Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.