Grilled Jambon & Brie Sandwich with Apricot
- 4 panino or ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 12 thin slices Berkshire Pork Bistro Ham
- 4 slices brie or camembert cheese, about ¼-inch thick
- Neutral oil, we used avocado oil
- Preheat a cast-iron grill pan or panini pan over medium heat.
- For each sandwich, spread one side of the roll with 1 tablespoon of honey-Dijon and the other side with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise. To one side add a few slices of apple, a slice of cheese, and 3 thin slices of ham; sandwich the bread together.
- Brush the hot grill pan with oil. Place each sandwich on the pan then weigh down. Cook until edges are golden and cheese starts to melt; flip the sandwiches over and repeat on the other side. Cut sandwiches in half before serving with your favorite chips or salad greens.
Recipe Tips: If you don’t have a designated panini pan with a heavy lid, a second cast-iron pan or a small Dutch-oven makes a good weight. This sandwich also works with pear slices when in season.