Fig & Balsamic Glazed Ham
- 1 Berkshire Pork Bone-In Spiral Ham, Berkshire Pork Bone-In Smoked Ham, or Berkshire Pork Boneless Smoked Ham
- 8 ounces fig preserves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh figs, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cover ham with a large piece of parchment paper, then foil. Place ham on a heavy rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until the ham reaches 120 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- In a medium bowl, stir together fig preserves, balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, and water. Set aside.
- Remove ham from oven and uncover. Lightly score ham all over in a diamond pattern (this step isn’t necessary if cooking our spiral cut ham). Brush 1/2 of the glaze over ham. Increase temperature to 425 degrees. Bake ham, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Recipe tips: Garnish serving platter with fresh figs and herbs for a festive holiday centerpiece.