’Artagnan game sausages are totally unique and loaded with flavor. Hand crafted in small batches using proprietary recipes, our all-natural game sausages are made with top quality ingredients like humanely-raised natural meats that are free of antibiotics and hormones. And they never contain any fillers, preservatives, colorants, nitrites or nitrates.
D’Artagnan game sausages come in five unique varieties. Duck and Armagnac Sausage is made from a rich mixture of duck and pork that is generously flavored with Armagnac for an authentic taste of Gascony. Our Wild Boar Sausages are lean, with intense pork flavor and a hint of fresh sage. Venison and Dried Cherry Sausages are robust with a sweet-spicy kick from dried cherries and ground chiles. Our Rabbit and Ginger Sausages are juicy, mild and sweet, made from a mixture of pork and rabbit, with a subtle, gingery bite. Lamb merguez is a traditional, spicy North African sausage made pork-free in a sheep casing.
Storage & Use
All of our game sausages are sold fresh and ready to cook. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to use or freeze before the date printed on the package. When frozen in airtight packaging, they’ll keep in the freezer for several months.
Game sausages can be left whole, sliced or removed from the casing and cooked in many ways, such as on the grill, under the broiler, pan-fried, braised, griddled or cooked à la plancha.
Just a Few Ideas for Cooking with D’Artagnan Game Sausage
- Stir Fry Stars … Sliced game sausages add panache to stir-fry. Try Rabbit and Ginger Sausage with delicately flavored, tender-crisp vegetables like baby bok choy, snow peas, young carrots, water chestnuts and bean sprouts. Dress with fresh grated ginger, soy sauce and a little toasted sesame oil.
- Creative Canapés … Top crostini with a spoon of potato or white bean puree, then a thin slice of grilled game sausage for simple hors d’oeuvre. Crumbled and sautéed game sausage is delectable mixed with seasoned breadcrumbs then stuffed into mushrooms, small peppers, cherry tomatoes or onions and broiled until crusty.
- Hearty Breakfast … Game sausages make robust, satisfying breakfast links when served alongside your favorite eggs and toast.
- Comfy Casseroles … Game sausage adds depth and flavor to hearty casseroles. Duck and Armagnac Sausage is a prime component in our cassoulet. Bean, meat and potato casseroles all benefit from a little game.
- Pasta with a Twist … All of our game sausages go well in tossed pasta dishes. Try Wild Boar Sausage with homey red sauce and aged parmesan over spaghetti, Duck and Armagnac with penne and Black Truffle Butter or Lamb Merguez with sautéed peppers and couscous.
- Dressing for Success … Dressings, stuffings, and farcis deserve to get in the game too! Add diced game sausage for texture and flavor.
- Haute Dog … Of course all of our game sausages are delicious when grilled or pan-fried and served with your favorite condiments on soft buns. Our Game Sausage Sampler makes easy work of feeding a crowd. Just be sure to have plenty of complementary sauces on hand, like chutneys, relishes, mustards, and aiolis.