Quail raised with no antibiotics or hormones, in open barns, and humane, stress-free conditions. A wholesome grain diet contributes to the high quality and great flavor of these birds. Lean quail meat is darker and more flavorful than chicken and is a versatile favorite among chefs and home cooks.
- Humanely farm-raised in free-range environment
- All-vegetarian grain diet
- No antibiotics, hormones or steroids ever used
- 4 whole quail per package
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Roast, Braise, Grill
Cooking Tips: Quail is versatile and will take all types of seasoning and marinades well. After seasoning, whole quail are easy to stuff and pair wonderfully with bread, grain, or sausage stuffing. Stuffed birds need to be cooked slightly longer than unstuffed. Be careful not to overcook. If using a dry heat method, like roasting, pan-roasting, or grilling, cook quickly until meat is slightly firm to the touch and juices run clear. Basting or brushing with fat will help keep the quail moist.