Whole Muscovy Duck, Female
- Raised humanely in open barns
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Corn, soy, wheat and alfalfa diet
- Serves 2 people
- Does not contain giblets
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
- Subscription Eligible
Cooking Methods: Roast, Poach, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Using a fork, prick the skin all over before roasting a whole duck to help the fat render. Add aromatics like shallots, citrus, garlic, and/or herbs to the cavity for flavor. Using a rack or vertical roaster in a shallow roasting pan will allow the skin to crisp nicely. Save the precious rendered fat for another use.
For over three decades, our California farm has followed the French humane breeding and husbandry traditions; ducks live in open, spacious barns that permit natural behavior.
The ducks never receive any growth hormones, steroids or antibiotics, and are allowed to reach full maturity, at 85 days on average, which is twice as long as industry standard. This is a crucial difference between our methods and those of the average farm. The ducks get a balanced diet of corn, soy, wheat and alfalfa.