Organic Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- USDA-certified free-range organic chicken
- 100% non-GMO, organic feed of corn and soy
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- No arsenicals
- Raised to 8 weeks
- Air-chilled for no retained water
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Sold by weight, thighs vary in size
- Average 3 - 4 thighs in each pack
- Bone in, skin on
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking Methods: Pan-Roast, Roast, Quick-Braise, Sous Vide, Bake, Grill, Barbecue, Fry
Cooking Tips: One of our favorite chicken cuts, our organic bone-in thighs cook quickly and are perfect for weeknight meals. Because they’re air-chilled, it’s easy to achieve deliciously crispy skin while retaining juicy, succulent meat. Versatile chicken thighs take all manner of seasoning well and can be cooked using any of your preferred methods.
Our organic chickens are raised in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country by small Amish and Mennonite family farms committed to sustainable agriculture.
The chickens feed only on whole, non-GMO organic corn and soy, and no protein supplements, no poultry or fish by-products, no pesticides or herbicides are ever used. The water they drink is pure spring water, free of chlorine and fluorine. No growth hormones, tranquilizers, arsenicals or antibiotics are ever administered.
Our chickens are also free-range. In order for poultry to be certified free-range, it must be raised in specific conditions: with access to the outdoors and natural light, ability to forage naturally and a minimum of 1.5 square feet of space per bird when indoors. In addition, they must be raised to 8 weeks of age, as opposed to 5 or 6 weeks, which is standard for commercially-raised chicken.