Guinea Hen, Whole
- Farm raised; humanely and free range
- Heritage-breed birds derived from French lineage
- All-vegetarian diet of corn, soy, wheat, alfalfa
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- Serves 2-4
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
- Subscription Eligible
Cooking Methods: Roast, Braise, Poach, Stew, Barbecue
Cooking Tips: Guinea hen can be cooked just like chicken, although it has a thinner, leaner skin. A rubdown with butter, duck fat, or a few strips of bacon will add flavor and keep the bird moist. Try adding shallots, citrus, garlic, and/or herbs to the cavity before roasting. Just like chicken, guinea hen should reach a finished temperature of 165 degrees F.
D'Artagnan guinea hens are humanely and naturally raised on a small poultry farm in California. Over 30 years ago the farmers established their flock with the highest-grade French breeding stock, and have continued the proud tradition of quality here in the United States. The cage-free guinea fowl feed on corn, soy, and wheat alfalfa and no antibiotics or hormones are ever used. From breeding to processing, th farm is dedicated to producing birds of distinction.