Turkey Roulade with Black Truffle Butter
Yield 6 SERVINGS
- 4-6lb Organic Turkey Breast
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3oz. container Black Truffle Butter, softened
- ½ cup water, if needed
Recipe notesThis deliciously simple turkey breast roulade recipe is a variation on our whole turkey with truffle butter and makes a fabulous holiday centerpiece.
- With the rack in the center position, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a sharp boning knife, place knife close to bone and carefully remove breast from bone, keeping breast meat connected. Place deboned breast skin-side down on work surface. If necessary, carefully pound breast between plastic, keeping skin intact, to make even. Season with salt and pepper then spread evenly with truffle butter.
- Fold left and right sides in toward center and roll evenly until both sides meet. Turn rolled breast so skin side is facing up and adjust shape as necessary. Using kitchen twine, tie at 2-inch intervals. Transfer to a roasting pan and season the outside with salt and pepper.
- Transfer roasting pan to oven and cook for 30 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 1 hour more. (If at any point the butter/juices in the pan start to burn, add about ½ cup water to the pan.) Remove turkey from oven and transfer to a cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.