Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: 6
This slow-cooker white chicken chili recipe is light yet intensely satisfying and has just the right amount of heat.
- 1 lb French Coco Tarbais Beans
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup roasted Hatch green chile peppers, chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons masa (or cornmeal)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 packs Organic chicken legs or Green Circle chicken legs
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Sour cream, cilantro, sliced jalapeno, for serving (optional)
- Rinse the beans then soak them in warm water, leave overnight.
- Drain beans and put into the slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, Hatch chile peppers, poblano and jalapeño peppers. Stir in masa, salt, cumin, oregano, and black pepper. Add chicken legs. Pour in stock.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, periodically checking and adding a little water or extra stock if necessary.
- When finished, the chicken will fall off the bone. Remove chicken legs from the slow cooker, remove all the bones (make sure you find the thin fibula). Shred the chicken. Place back into bean mixture and stir to combine. Taste chili for seasoning and add salt and/or pepper if needed. Serve hot with a spoonful of sour cream, cilantro and jalapeño to taste.