Sheet Pan Roast Poussin with Mushrooms & Miso Butter
D'Artagnan | Yield: Serves 2 | Cook Time: about 1 hour
This easy sheet-pan recipe with whole poussin, umami-rich miso butter, exotic mushrooms, and roasted baby bok choy is ideal for weeknight dinners.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together softened butter and miso until well mixed.
- Pat poussins dry, truss with butcher’s string, and tuck wings back. Rub about ½ of the butter mixture all over the skin, coating the poussins evenly.
- Lightly oil a sheet pan with the teaspoon of oil. Place poussins on the pan and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spread mushrooms evenly on the pan, dot with remaining butter. Roast for an additional 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and add bok choy, turning to coat in pan juices. Roast for an additional 15 minutes, or until mushrooms and bok choy are cooked through and an instant-read thermometer placed in the thigh of a poussin registers 165 degrees F.
- Remove the poussins to a cutting board to rest; cut and remove butcher’s string.
- Add soy sauce to the sheet pan; gently stir mushrooms and bok choy to redistribute the rendered juices, and taste for seasoning, adding more soy sauce if needed. Serve poussin with a portion of mushrooms and bok choy, finish with pan juices.