Grilled Wagyu Filet Mignon
D'Artagnan | Yield: Serves 4
Perfectly grilled filet mignon is surprisingly easy to achieve – it starts with the best meat, a white-hot grill, and time to rest.
- 4 Wagyu Filet Mignon Steaks
- Neutral oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Flake finishing salt (optional)
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator about an hour before you cook them. Preheat a lightly-oiled gas or charcoal grill to high (500 degrees F).
- Season steaks on each side with kosher salt & pepper. Place steaks on the grill and close lid. Cook for 5 minutes then flip steaks over and continue to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the steak registers 125 degrees F for medium-rare. (Temperature of steaks will continue to rise while resting.)
- Remove steaks to a cutting board and rest for 10 minutes. Serve with flake finishing salt.
Recipe tips: For crisscross grill marks, cook steaks for 2½ minutes then using tongs, turn 90 degrees and cook 2½ minutes more. Turn steaks over and repeat.