Duck Fat Kale Chips
Cook Time 12 MINUTES
Yield SERVES 2 SERVINGS
- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons duck fat, softened
- Fine sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Piment d'Espelette
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Recipe notesTry this oven-baked kale chip recipe, made savory and crispy with duck fat, which is nutritionally closer to olive oil than other animal fat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove tough kale ribs and discard. Tear kale leaves into chip sized pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with duck fat, toss to evenly coat.
- Arrange kale in a single layer on a ribbed sheet pan, being careful not to crowd or overlap.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and piment d'Espelette to taste. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 12 minutes, or until chips are crisp and gently browned around the edges, turning the sheet pan once. Remove kale chips to a bowl, serve immediately.