Bacon & Buttered Leeks Crostini
Yield makes 12 toasts SERVINGS
- Baguette, sliced in ½-inch thin slices on the bias, 12 slices total
- 3 ounces Black Truffle Butter, softened
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- 6 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 6-inch section of leek, white and light green part only, cut in half and sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe notesThis tasty crostini recipe is quick and easy to make with 6 simple ingredients, including bacon, truffled leeks, and crème fraîche. Great for parties, this buttery & rich canapé is sure to be a crowd favorite.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove half of black truffle butter and set aside. Using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of the remaining truffle butter on both sides of each slice of bread and set them on a sheet pan. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels, leaving the rendered fat in the pan. Chop bacon into fine bits, set aside.
- To the pan, add leeks, turning to coat in the fat. Sauté until leeks are softened, about 10 minutes. Add thyme; season with pepper. Add reserved bacon back to the mixture, stir to combine. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Spread each truffle butter toast with crème fraîche. Top with a spoon of bacon leek mixture and serve immediately.