Wild Scottish Wood Pigeon
Frozen / 9-10 oz avg
This product is currently unavailable.
Wood pigeon from weekend estate hunts in Scotland. These truly wild game birds forage and eat berries and heather, and get constant exercise, which gives their meat a distinctive flavor. Wild wood pigeon offers a rich gamey flavor far more intense than that of domestically-raised squab. Wild game is only available for a limited season each year.
Just the facts
- Wood pigeon hunted in Scotland
- Truly wild, never farm-raised
- Serves one
- Stock subject to availability: generally from September to February
- Eviscerated, giblets not included
- Note: game meat may occasionally contain the shot, chew with caution
- Product of Scotland
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Roast, Roast, Grill, Saute
Cooking Tips: Wild Scottish wood pigeon has a medium game flavor and takes all manner of seasoning well. Some of our favorite accompaniments are prunes, bacon or ventreche, wild mushrooms, red wine, and fresh woody herbs. As they're lean, barding with bacon or rubbing with butter or duck fat will help to keep the birds moist.