- Californian and New Zealand White rabbits
- Humanely raised
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- No preservatives or additives
- Low in calories and cholesterol
- High in protein and nutrition (USDA states it is the most nutritious meat)
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Includes the kidneys, heart, and liver
- Rabbit fryer serves 2-3
- Product of USA
- Subscription Eligible
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Fry, Fry, Braise, Stew
Cooking Tips: Lean, mild rabbit is as versatile as chicken and can be cooked as such. Rabbit takes a variety of seasonings well, like fresh herbs, heady spices, mustard, tomato-based sauces, or quick salt water brines. Rabbit fryers are perfect for roasting or can be broken down into smaller cuts for frying. Rabbit legs also make great confit.
We are proud to work with a cooperative of small family farms in the Midwest; each farm signs an agreement to raise and process the rabbits humanely, and never administer antibiotics or hormones. The Californian White and New Zealand White breed rabbits are fed a vegetarian diet of sweet alfalfa, oats, wheat and barley.