Truffle Butter Burger Buns
Yield 12 small buns
- 400 grams all-purpose flour
- 200 grams bread flour
- 1 (7 grams) packet instant dry yeast
- 40 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 300 grams lukewarm water
- 100 grams Black Truffle Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
Recipe notesOur easy recipe for burger buns is enriched with black truffle butter. The dense, rich buns are perfect for all your burger creations.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine both flours, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well. With the mixer on low, add water. Mix until just combined – dough will be slightly dry and shaggy. Rest for 15 minutes. With the mixer on medium-low (kitchen aid speed 3), add butter in batches. Mix until butter is thoroughly incorporated and dough comes together and is springy, about 7 minutes. Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into equal 12 pieces and round each piece into a smooth ball. Place rolls a few inches apart on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Gently flatten the balls to about 3" diameter.
- Cover the buns and let them rise till they've expanded nicely, about 60-75 minutes. Toward the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush each bun with cream and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using. Bake buns till they're a light, golden brown, about 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.