Perfect Roast Chicken
Cook Time 1 HOUR
- 1 Green Circle Chicken, about 3lbs
- 2 tablespoons Duck Fat
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe notesHere's a practically no-fail recipe for the perfect roast chicken dinner with crispy skin. This one works every time and is sure to become a family favorite.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove neck and giblets from the chicken cavity. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Generously season, inside and out, with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Truss chicken with butcher's string. Rub softened duck fat over the skin. Place on a rack in heavy roasting pan. Roast for about 1 hour, or until chicken is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 160 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest on a cutting board for about 10 minutes.