Spicy Lamb Burger Sliders
D'Artagnan | Yield: serves 4
For this Moroccan-spiced lamb slider recipe, we combine our merguez sausage and ground lamb then top with grilled halloumi cheese and a harissa yogurt sauce.
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 package Merguez Sausage
- 16 ounces Ground Lamb or Grass-fed Ground Lamb
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 6 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 12 slices
- ½ lemon
- 12 slider buns
- Roasted red peppers in olive oil, drained and cut into twelve 2” pieces
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and harissa. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove merguez from its casing and crumble; add to a mixing bowl with ground lamb, parsley, and oregano. Gently mix until combined; be careful not to over mix. Form twelve 2 ounce patties. Season each patty with salt and pepper.
- Cook patties to desired doneness (we recommend medium), using a hot oiled grill or pre-heated, lightly-greased cast iron pan. Rest on a cutting board.
- While patties are resting, heat a grill pan over medium-high. Grill cheese slices, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat, drizzle with olive oil and give a light squeeze of lemon.
- Dress slider buns with arugula and red pepper; add patties and a slice of grilled halloumi. Top with reserved yogurt sauce before adding top bun. Secure with a pick, if needed and serve immediately.