Grilled Ribeye Steak with Garlic Herb Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup finely chopped soft herbs (such as parsley, thyme, chervil, dill, and tarragon)
- Coarse salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 Bone-In Ribeye Steaks
Recipe notesTry this recipe for a great grilled ribeye steak enhanced with compound garlic herb butter, which mingles with the meat juices to make a delectable sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, garlic, and herbs. Season with a pinch of salt and a few turns of pepper. Mix until evenly combined. Place butter in plastic wrap and roll into a log shape. Chill.
- Heat grill to medium-high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Lightly oil hot grates.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Season both sides of each steak with coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Grill steaks for about 6 minutes on the first side, rotating 90 degrees at the halfway mark to create cross-hatch grill marks, if desired. Using tongs, flip each steak to the other side and grill for another 6 minutes, or until desired doneness. We suggest medium-rare, which would register 125 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let steaks rest for 8 -10 minutes before serving, each with a generous pat of garlic herb butter and your favorite side dishes.