Angus Beef Hanger Steak
- 100% natural beef from Angus cattle
- No growth hormones, steroids or antibiotics
- Raised on pasture
- 100% vegetarian diet of barley, corn and hay
- Equivalent to Choice-Plus graded beef
- Wet aged a minimum of 21 days
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Trim the fat off, and use your favorite marinade; then sear it quickly in a hot pan until medium rare. Serve with pan juices and duck fat french fries, or cut into strips to top a salad, rice dish or fill fajitas or tacos.
Our marbled and flavorful Angus beef comes from cattle raised exclusively for D’Artagnan by a cooperative of ranchers committed to strict protocols of humane animal husbandry.
The Black Angus cattle range over pasture land for most of their lives, and then get a supplement of alfalfa hay, barley and corn for a few months in a spacious, dry, low-stress feeding facility, before processing at about 18-22 months of age. The vegetarian feed is supplemented with vitamin E and A which strengthen natural immunities.
The ranchers take every care, even in transporting the cattle short distances. They know exactly where each animal comes from, and can track them from birth to processing. Each cattle comes with an affidavit to prove that the rancher followed the strict protocols of the cooperative.