Wagyu Beef Prime Rib Roast
D'Artagnan | Yield: 6-10
Little embellishment is needed for this gorgeous Wagyu beef prime rib roast – just salt, pepper, and a very hot oven. Starting the roast at a high temperature will create a beautiful crust which will add tremendous flavor and seal in the juices. Cooked to medium-rare, this Wagyu prime rib is melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Wagyu Beef Rib Roast, 3 or 4 bone
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator about 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Generously season the meat on all sides with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Place roast fat side up in a rack on a shallow pan. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to roast for about 15 minutes per pound, or until an instant read thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 130 – 140 degrees F, for a medium-rare center.
- Allow the roast to rest on a cutting board for at least 15 minutes before carving. Spoon warm pan drippings over, if desired.