Black Truffle Roasted Chicken
Yield Serves 3-4 SERVINGS
- 1 Green Circle Chicken, about 3lbs
- 5 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter, softened, divided use
- ½ Fresh Black Winter Truffle, Fresh Burgundy Truffle, or Fresh Summer Truffle, sliced paper-thin
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Recipe notesHere's a luxurious twist on a simple roast chicken. Our black truffle butter and fresh black truffle slices are layered under the skin creating an ultra-juicy bird that's full of truffle flavor.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove neck and giblets from the chicken cavity. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Using your fingers, carefully pull skin away from breast and leg meat, being careful not to puncture the skin. Insert about 4 tablespoons of black truffle butter evenly under the loosened skin. Insert truffle slices evenly in between the butter and skin. Season inside and out with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Truss chicken with butcher's string and fold wings under. Rub remaining tablespoon of butter all over the outside of the chicken.
- Place on a rack in a heavy roasting pan. Roast for about 45-60 minutes, basting with pan drippings at the halfway point, until chicken is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 160 degrees F. (Check halfway through cooking, if the skin over the breast is getting too dark, cover with a small piece of foil until the last 10 minutes.)
- Remove chicken from the oven and rest on a cutting board for about 10-15 minutes before carving and serving.
Recipe Tips: Fresh truffle should be shaved as thin as possible. If you don’t have a truffle shaver, a ceramic hand-held mandoline will also work. In a pinch, you can also grate the truffle with a Microplane grater.