Pork Chops with Grilled Peaches
- 2 Berkshire pork rib chops or Milanese chops
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Oil, as needed
- 2 small, firm peaches
FOR THE DRY RUB
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all dry rub ingredients. Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel and season with salt. Generously season with dry rub on both sides. Set aside while grill heats up. Meanwhile, halve peaches and remove pits.
- Heat a gas grill to medium high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Lightly oil hot grates.
- Place chops on the hot grill and cook about 6 minutes. Using tongs, turn each chop over and continue to cook until medium (about 140 degrees on an instant read thermometer), or until desired doneness. Remove to a platter, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 6-8 minutes.
- While chops are resting, lightly brush cut side of peaches with oil. Place on the grill and cook until peaches are slightly charred and warmed through.
- Serve pork chops with grilled peaches and your favorite side dishes. We suggest a simply dressed field greens salad.