D'Artagnan Rohan Duck Legs
NEW! Rohan duck is exclusively available at D’Artagnan, and these duck legs are a chef favorite for braising, roasting and for confit. With a flavor reminiscent of a heritage-breed duck from France, the juicy, tender, rose-colored meat and mild taste make the Rohan™ Duck unique. Raised without antibiotics or hormones in open barns, our proprietary hybrid includes the Heritage Mallard and Pekin duck breeds.
- D’Artagnan exclusive
- Unique heritage crossbreed
- Humanely farm-raised in New York State to D'Artagnan's exacting standards
- Pure vegetarian diet including corn and soy
- No antibiotics, no hormones - ever
- Air-chilled; no added water
- Sold in an uncooked state
- 4 legs per pack/ 2 packs per case
- Each leg weighs 9 ounces on average
- Product of USA
- For frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
NOTE: It is normal to find some pin feathers or feather shafts on whole ducks. They are easily removed with needle nose pliers, tweezers, or simply your fingers.
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Confit, Braise, Stew, Roast, Barbecue, Sous Vide, Reverse Sear
Cooking Tips: Duck legs should be cooked slow and low for best results. Often braised, roasted, or a combination of the two, duck legs can also be cooked confit or sous vide then finished on the grill or in a ripping hot oven. Cooked then shredded duck leg meat makes a wonderful addition to soups, salads, pasta, grain dishes.