Lamb Tenderloin Stir-Fry
D'Artagnan | Yield: serves 4 | Cook Time: abaout 20 minutes
No need for take out! Our lamb tenderloin is the star of this quick cooking stir-fry along with shiitake mushrooms, tender crisp vegetables, and an umami-rich sauce.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine, or sherry
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Generous pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pack Lamb Tenderloin (about 1 pound), sliced diagonally, about ½-inch thick
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 stalk celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups Organic Shiitake Mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 can baby corn (about 15 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, wine, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add about 2 tablespoons peanut oil. Add lamb, stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add onion, carrot, celery, and mushrooms; stir-fry about 3 minutes more. Remove mixture from the pan, set aside.
- Return pan to heat and carefully add soy sauce mixture, stirring until mixture thickens slightly. Add lamb and vegetable mixture back to the pan; turn to coat with sauce. Add snow peas, baby corn, and sesame seeds. Stir fry for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately with hot rice.