Smoked Duck & Cherry Salad
Alison Attenborough | Yield: 2
Alison Attenborough's smoked duck salad, with a tangy Dijon vinaigrette, will work with most fruit. Try fresh figs and persimmons in the fall and raspberries or blackberries in the spring.
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1/2 head firm, crisp lettuce
- 1 large handful cherries, pitted and roughly chopped (about 1/2 to 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chervil sprigs (optional)
- 1 Smoked Duck Breast, thinly sliced crosswise
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Prepare the dressing: combine the shallot, olive oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and tear any large leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl along with the cherries, dressing, and chervil, if using. Mix well.
- Divide the salad among two plates and top with the sliced duck. Serve with crusty bread.