Chocolate-Orange Olive Oil Cookies
Yield Makes about 18 cookies SERVINGS
- ¾ cup Reserve Jean Reno Olive Oil - Black Fruity
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 2¾ cup 344 grams) all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (we used Theo 85% baking chocolate), cut into chunks
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Maldon salt
Recipe notesThese olive oil cookies are packed with dark chocolate chunks, walnuts, and orange zest for a sophisticated take on a classic flavor combination. While delicious all year long, they make holiday cookie swaps extra special.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add olive oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla paste, orange zest, orange juice, salt, and baking soda. Mix on medium speed until evenly incorporated and light in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour and mix on medium-low until just evenly combined. Be careful not to overmix. Remove bowl from the mixer base and fold in chocolate chunks and walnuts, if using.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon portions onto a parchment-lined sheet pan, about 2-inches apart; sprinkle the tops with a generous pinch of Maldon salt. Bake until cookies have spread out and are golden brown, about 10 - 12 minutes. Cool cookies completely on a wire rack before serving.