Perfect Sous Vide Pork Chops
D'Artagnan | Yield: serves 4 | Cook Time: 50 minutes
This basic sous vide recipe is a great foundation for tender, juicy pork chops. Quick pre- and post-searing ensures rich taste and a pleasing crust. Once you master the technique and timing, experiment with flavors by adding your favorite aromatics to the vacuum bags.
- Using the sous vide equipment of your choice, preheat a water bath to 142 degrees F (for medium-rare) or 145 degrees F (for medium).
- Heat a heavy pan over high heat. Remove chops from the refrigerator, brush both sides with oil. Sear chilled chops on both sides, about one minute per side.
- Transfer pre-seared chops to the vacuum bags, 2 chops per bag. Add a few tablespoons of oil. Vacuum and seal.
- Cook chops in the water bath for 45 minutes.
- When cooked, remove chops from bags and dry lightly with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat heavy pan over high heat and add enough oil to coat. Transfer chops back to pan, quickly sear again on both sides. Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes.