he Logistics Specialist will use knowledge and skills to monitor and report all issues regarding contract transportation, fleet, and personnel as it relates to product deliveries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and conducts activities to assure timely dispatch afternoon routes, which includes distribution of delivery driver manifest and positive communication with delivery drivers, Accounting and Sales to assess and quickly resolve any problems that arise.
- Reviews and maintains Fleet Safety Program, which includes scheduling of repairs, managing fleet, insurance, government, and shipping documents.
- Responsible for tracking and approving costs related to fleet which includes but is not limited to; all summonses issued to company vehicles, maintenance, fuel, equipment ,and repair invoices, and ensures prompt and accurate allocation of payment.
- Traces and tracks all shipments via computer and/or phone.
- Administers route and truck assignments.
- Assigns carriers for non-fleet related shipments.
- Communicates any delivery issues via email, fax and phone.
- Recommends fleet and freight procedures.
- Is accountable for positive interaction with co-workers and customers.
- Is responsible for generating and updating various reports as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Requires knowledge of Federal and State D.O.T regulations regarding equipment and drivers.
- Working knowledge required of freight transport practices, including airfreight and parcel services.
- Must have working knowledge of trucks ( preferably refrigerated trucks) and roads/highways in the tri-state area.
- Dispatching experience is strongly preferred .
- Language Ability: Must have advanced ability to read, write, and speak English, including ability to compose professional documents.
- Computer Skills: Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word & Outlook. Experience with Roadnet would be a plus;
If you are interested in the job listed above, please e-mail us a detailed resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job ID 003. No phone calls, please.
D'Artagnan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW