Duck Rillettes Sandwich with Fennel Apple Slaw
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: Serves 4 | Cook Time: 25 minutes
This easy-to-make sandwich recipe balances the richness of our duck rillettes with the welcome crunch of sweet-tart fennel and apple slaw.
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced thin, fronds reserved
- ½ crisp apple, sliced thin
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of a lemon
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 container Duck Rillettes
- 1 fresh baguette, about 16-inches long
- To a medium bowl add fennel, apple, onion, lemon juice, parsley, and about a tablespoon of olive oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Remove the rillettes from the fridge about 15 minutes before you assemble the sandwiches.
- Cut the baguette into 4 equal portions and split each piece lengthwise. Spread a layer of rillettes on each side of each piece of bread. Top with slaw and reserved fennel fronds; sandwich together. Serve with your favorite sandwich sides.