Garlicky Lemon & Herb Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Fingerlings
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: Serves 2-3
This easy chicken drumstick recipe is great for busy weeknights because it’s prepped, cooked, and served in one pan with fingerling potatoes, whole garlic, tart lemons, and fresh herbs.
- 1 pack Green Circle Chicken, Drums
- ½ pound fingerling potatoes
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 head garlic, cut in half on the diameter
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ cup Duck Fat, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh soft herbs, we used tarragon, chervil, and chives
- Fresh baguette, for serving
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the drumsticks and fingerling potatoes in a 9” x 13” oven-safe casserole dish. Season well with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Add garlic, lemon slices, thyme, and duck fat. Toss everything to coat in the fat. Bake for 30 minutes. Raise heat to 425 degrees F and continue to cook until chicken is nicely browned and cooked through and potatoes and garlic are soft and jammy, about 20 minutes more.
- Remove casserole from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs. Rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with baguette for spreading with soft roasted garlic and dipping into the pan drippings. Salad greens lightly dressed with a tart vinaigrette or steamed asparagus make great accompaniments.