elcome to dartagnan.com! Our goal is to make your online shopping experience deliciously easy, convenient and secure.
By using this site, you agree to the terms of our policy.
What Personal Information is Collected
Depending on how you use our website, dartagnan.com, we may ask you to share personal information with us. Whether you choose to give D’Artagnan information is completely up to you, but keep in mind that if you withhold information, you may not be able to use some of our services.
When Personal Information is Collected
D'Artagnan will ask you for information, including some personal information, if you use one of several services:
- Signing up for our newsletter. In order to sign up to receive our emails, you need to provide your e-mail address. You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time. If you receive an e-mail and want to avoid further messages, look at the end of the e-mail for instructions on how to remove yourself from the mailing list.
- Becoming a Value Club Member. In order to register, you need to share some personal information, such as your name and e-mail address. You do not have to be a registered Club Member to visit dartagnan.com web pages or to shop online.
- Making a purchase. When you buy something on dartagnan.com, you will need to supply a billing address, phone number, shipping address and credit card information. By making a purchase, you can become a registered user of dartagnan.com. You can choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your shipping and billing addresses in the My Account - Profile page.
How D'Artagnan Protects Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information and we take this responsibility very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For example:
- We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") authentication to guarantee the confidentiality of online transactions made on our site. SSL authentication and encryption of the information that you send to us over the Internet help protect your online transaction information from third party interception.
- We will not store or display your credit card number when you place an order on our website.
- We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone or share your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
How D'Artagnan Uses Your Personal Information
D'Artagnan collects personal information primarily to make our services more rewarding for you to use. We usually use this information for internal purposes, such as studying our customers' preferences. We may also use your information to contact you for customer service and promotional purposes.
How to Avoid Receiving Newsletters and Other Materials from dartagnan.com
We use e-mail addresses to send out newsletters and other announcements with information about dartagnan.com's new products, promotions and special features. When you register, you can choose not to receive these announcements by opting-out of delivery. If you receive an e-mail and want to avoid further messages, look at the bottom of the e-mail for instructions on how to remove yourself from the mailing list.
Who Views Your Personal Information
D'Artagnan may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys and providing customer service. They may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your personally identifiable information for other purposes.
Some personal information is stored on servers owned by other companies. This information is for D’Artagnan’s use only.
Personal information may be disclosed if required by law.
D’Artagnan does not sell or license personal information.
D’Artagnan does not share any personal information with its affiliates.
Making a Purchase
When you make a purchase on dartagnan.com, you will need to supply a billing address, phone number and shipping address. You will also be asked for your credit card information.
Our website is hosted in a PCI (Payment Card Industry), Level-1 Compliant data center for optimum security and all credit card information is encrypted. (For more information on PCI Compliance, visit www.pcicompliance.org.) Your transaction information will be transferred and stored in our secure, offline database to allow us to manage and fulfill your order. Please note: your credit card information will not be stored when you place an order on the dartagnan.com website.
Credit card payments are processed through Authorize.net on the day that your order is received. The following credit cards, issued by a US financial institution, are accepted for payment:
- American Express
We regret that we are unable to accept credit cards that have been issued by banks outside the U.S. Please note: For your security, your billing name and address must match that of the credit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not match this criteria.
We’re sorry, we do not accept:
- Credit cards with billing addresses outside the U.S
By making a purchase, you can become a registered user of dartagnan.com. You can choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your shipping and billing addresses, within your account on the website.
Children Under 13
You can look at our site, but you cannot make a purchase. You also cannot become a registered user, sign up for our emailing list or use any service that asks for personal information. Our site is not designed for children. We do not wish to collect personal information from children under 13.
This policy is designed to protect children. Federal law requires us to take special steps to safeguard children's privacy.
If you register with us and we discover that you are under 13, we will delete your registration. We will send you a message if we do this. If you are under 13 and want to make a purchase, please ask a parent to place the order for you.
External Site Links
Dartagnan.com links to other websites on the internet. Content and Privacy Policies of those sites are the responsibility of their respective owners.
IP Addresses and Logging
The dartagnan.com server logs information about visitors, including IP addresses, date/time visited, referring website, length of stay, number of visits, etc. This information is used for site statistics and analysis only.
Questions About This Policy
If you have any questions about this policy, or the content or practices of our website, you can contact us directly via email or by calling (800) 327-8246. D'Artagnan, Inc., 600 Green Lane, Union, NJ 07083, 1-800-327-8246