D'Artagnan | Yield: 6 - 8 | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Traditional hummus is a healthful and delicious dish, but replace standard chickpeas with chestnuts for a richer, creamier paste while upping the health ante too. Chestnuts are packed vitamin C, potassium, copper and magnesium, amino acids, antioxidants, and have high levels of essential fatty acids. Eat up!
- 2 packs of Ready-to-Use Chestnuts
- 3/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¾ -1 cup water
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup Jean Reno Black Fruity Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ - 1 tsp chile powder, to taste
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika for topping
- ½ tsp sumac plus ¼ tsp for topping
- 1 tsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Finely chop parsley and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a food processor or blender. Pureé until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, add more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Place in a shallow bowl. Top with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle smoked paprika, sumac and chopped parsley in circular patterns before serving. Serve with crudités, pita bread, tortilla chips, or your favorite hummus accompaniment.