D'Artagnan | Yield: Makes 24 pieces | Cook Time: about 30 minutes
Spring asparagus wrapped in smoky bacon makes a quick and easy side dish. Choose asparagus that’s thicker than a pencil for best results.
- 24 thick asparagus stalks, woody ends trimmed
- 12 slices Hickory Smoked Bacon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the bacon strips in half lengthwise, so you have 24 long, skinny strips. Wrap each asparagus stalk tightly with bacon and place on a wire rack over a rimmed sheet pan. Season with ground pepper.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and asparagus has browned.