Basic Grilled Ribeye Steak
D'Artagnan | Yield: 4
Here's a basic recipe for cooking our ribeye steaks on either a gas or charcoal grill. Once you have the technique down, experiment with rubs, herbs, sauces, or compound butters. Grilled veggies and mushrooms cooked on the grill in a foil packet make easy but delicious accompaniments.
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Lightly oil hot grates.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Season both sides of each steak with coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Grill steaks for about 6 minutes on the first side, rotating 90 degrees at the halfway mark to create cross-hatch grill marks, if desired. Using tongs, flip each steak to the other side and grill for another 6 minutes, or until desired doneness. We suggest medium-rare, which would register 125 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let steaks rest for 8 -10 minutes before serving.