Artichoke, Foie Gras & Truffle Stuffed Pasta
Deana Sidney | Yield: 4
Deana Sidney's gorgeous Artichoke, Foie Gras and Truffle pasta was inspired by a dish from Le Bristol Restaurant in Paris.
- 1 Medallion of Foie Gras with Black Truffles
- 2 baby artichokes
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 large lasagne noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 container Duck and Veal Demi-Glace
- 2 tablespoons Madeira
- 4 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Steam the artichokes until tender. Scrape the tender flesh from the leaves and remove the hearts. If this is too big a pain for you, get another artichoke or 2 and just use the heart. Chop all the artichoke pieces.
- Cook the pasta sheets in salted water until 'al dente.' Drain, set aside.
- Warm 2 tablespoons truffle butter in an ovenproof skillet.
- Warm the demi-glace, reducing till slightly thickened, add the Madeira. Remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons truffle butter and reserve.
- Cook the cream and chicken stock with the onion powder, celery salt and pepper till thickened slightly and reserve.
- Cook the pasta sheet for a few minutes, lay out on a counter and roll up 1/6 of the artichoke and 1/6 of the foie gras. Lay in the buttered skillet, rolling the rolls gently in the truffle butter. Brush with cream and sprinkle with the cheese and broil for a few minutes until browned on top.
- Warm the sauces if necessary, pour on each plate and top with the pasta and garnish.