Smoked Chicken Cobb Salad
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield Serves 4
- 8 slices Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 container Quail Eggs
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- Half a pint mixed grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Handful of sugar snap peas, strings removed, cut in half
- 4” piece English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- About 6 radishes, scrubbed and sliced paper thin
- 1 Smoked Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (we used Roquefort)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- About ¾ cup olive oil
Recipe notesThis easy recipe proves our smoked meats are good for more than just the charcuterie board. Here we’ve combined our smoked chicken breast, bacon, and hard-boiled quail eggs with some of our favorite veggies, bleu cheese, and lemony vinaigrette. Add a loaf of bread to make it a complete meal.
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Slice the bacon into 1/2” strips and set aside.
- Prepare an ice water bath. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring about 4 inches of salted water to a boil. Carefully add the quail eggs to the boiling water and cook for 3-3½ minutes. Remove to the ice bath to chill. Once cooled, carefully peel all of the eggs and cut each in half lengthwise.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, stir together vinegar and shallot. Set aside for 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, Dijon, and honey. Add lemon juice and shallot mixture; whisk until well combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking constantly until dressing is emulsified.
- To a chilled serving bowl, add romaine and butter lettuce. Arrange tomatoes, snap peas, cucumber, and radishes on top. Dress generously with vinaigrette; season with a little salt and pepper. Arrange bacon, quail eggs, smoked chicken breast, avocado, and blue cheese; garnish with chives. Serve with a loaf of your favorite rustic bread.