Ramen with Ginger Lemongrass Broth
Our easy and nourishing chicken stock is made with drumsticks for extra flavor. Use it as the broth for this simple ramen dish made fragrant with ginger and lemongrass, and topped with shiitake mushrooms and fresh vegetables - just right to serve two.
- 1½ quarts of homemade, unreduced chicken stock
- 4 smashed garlic cloves
- 1-inch knob of ginger (skin on, sliced thin)
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (very roughly chopped to draw out oils)
- Several cilantro stems
- 1 ½ cups of cooked ramen noodles
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 leaves of cilantro
- 1 scallion, green top sliced thin
- Few slices of spicy pickled chilis or a dash of sambal oelek
- Kosher salt
- Place 1 ½ quarts of Green Circle ™ chicken stock in a saucepot. Add lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and cilantro stems and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the broth with flavor, then strain to remove aromatics. Season broth to taste with kosher salt.
- Divide and place cooked ramen noodles, shiitake mushrooms, radishes, cilantro leaves, scallions, and pickled chilis in 2 soup bowls.
- Pour hot broth over noodles and vegetables and enjoy.