Pasta with Sautéed Mushrooms and Truffle Butter Breadcrumbs
Yield serves 4 SERVINGS
- Kosher salt
- ½ pound long dried pasta (we used Fusilli Lunghi)
- 4 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter, divided use
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Organic White Beech Mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish if desired
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- ½ cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving
Recipe notesThis pasta recipe is simple but satisfying, with earthy mushrooms and crunchy truffled breadcrumbs. Pair it with a green salad for a quick, healthy meal.
- In generously salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of truffle butter. Stir in breadcrumbs and toast until golden brown; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons truffle butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, turning to coat; season with salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms are soft and just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir in thyme and soy sauce. Cook about 1 minute more.
- Add pasta and cheese to the pan and toss well; add pasta water, toss again. Cook for about 1 minute more. Plate pasta on a warmed platter and top with reserved breadcrumbs and additional thyme (if using). Serve immediately with extra Pecorino Romano on the side.