Sous Vide Duck Breasts
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: Serves 2
Here's a basic sous vide recipe using our exclusive Rohan duck breasts. Add your favorite fresh herbs or other aromatics to the vacuum bag, if desired.
- 2 Rohan Duck Breasts
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a water bath to 135 degrees F.
- Pat duck breasts dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Vacuum and seal duck breasts in a sous vide cooking bag. Cook duck breasts in the water bath for at least one hour, but no longer than 4 hours.
- Remove the duck breasts from the vacuum bags and discard the liquid. Using a sharp paring knife, score the duck skin in ½” intervals, only cutting through the fat, not the meat. Season skin side with salt. Heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Place the duck breasts, skin side down, in the pan and cook until fat renders and skin is evenly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the duck breasts and sear on the meat side, about 30 seconds more.
- Allow duck breasts to rest on a cutting board about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.