Veal Chops with Herb Sauce
Yield Serves 4 SERVINGS
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup mixed soft herbs, we used chervil, chives, thyme, and tarragon
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 4 Veal Porterhouse Chops
- 2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- ¾ cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Recipe notesA quick and creamy herb sauce elevates simple pan-seared veal chops. Serve with your favorite steamed vegetable or green salad for a quick and easy dinner.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add parsley, mixed herbs, lemon zest and about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice; pulse until finely chopped; season with salt and pepper. Add cream and egg yolk, purée until smooth, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- Pat chops dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Heat the clarified butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chops, turning a few times, until evenly golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 140 degrees F, for medium. Remove to a cutting board to rest.
- Drain off excess fat from the pan then return to medium-high heat. Add wine, scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan and cook until wine is reduced by half. Reduce heat to low; whisk in herb mixture stirring constantly until thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Whisk in butter. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and/or pepper if needed.
- Carve meat away from the bone (optional) then slice across the grain and nap sauce over the top. Serve immediately.