Foie Gras Burger
Ariane Daguin | Yield: 1
Here's the famous foie gras burger recipe that D'Artagnan founder Ariane Daguin introduced at her former New York City restaurant, D'Artagnan the Rotisserie.
- 1 package Foie Gras Slices
- 1 brioche bun, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 6 ounces balsamic vinegar
- Arugula, for serving
- Sweat the apple in butter and 1 tablespoon sugar for approximately 15 minutes. Purée, then strain and keep warm.
- Simmer the onion with 1 tablespoon sugar and 6 ounces of balsamic vinegar for about 20 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan constantly. Keep warm.
- Toast the two brioche halves, then spread the apple compote on the bottom piece.
- Sear the foie gras slice and pat dry with paper towel.
- Put the foie gras on top of the apple compote. Spoon onion marmalade on top. Top with bun.
- Served immediately with arugula dressed with olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper.