Black Truffle Butter Short Crust Pastry
D'Artagnan | Yield: makes one 10" single tart shell
Here’s an easy recipe for truffle butter short crust, perfect for your favorite savory tarts and quiches.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (188 grams)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter (115 grams), chilled
- Iced water, as needed
- Cut truffle butter into ½ inch cubes and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour and a pinch of salt. Add chilled butter, pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. While pulsing, slowly add iced water one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture starts to hold together in clumps. Total water amount will be between about 3-7 tablespoons depending on humidity.
- Turn mixture out onto a large piece of waxed paper or parchment and press together tightly into a disk. Wrap dough well and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Use as needed in your tart or quiche recipe.