Soft Scrambled Egg with Mascarpone & Truffles
Yield serves 2 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter
- 2 slices country bread
- 4 large pastured eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- Flake salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Black Winter Truffle, Fresh Burgundy Truffle, or Fresh Summer Truffle
Recipe notesEggs and toast get the royal treatment with truffle butter griddled bread, creamy mascarpone, and a generous helping of fresh black truffle in this super simple recipe.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt the truffle butter. Place the bread in pan and swirl to coat in butter then turn over. Cook until toasted and crisp on both sides, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Lower heat medium and add eggs. Using a rubber spatula, stir to create curds and slide eggs from edges to center. Cook until just set, about 2 minutes. Top each slice of griddled bread with a portion of eggs and top immediately with mascarpone. Season with salt and pepper. Top with shaved truffle.
Recipe Tips: Fresh truffle should be shaved as thin as possible. If you don’t have a truffle shaver or a ceramic hand-held mandolin, you can also grate the truffle with a microplane grater.