Wild Boar Foreshanks
Frozen / 2 Pieces (1 lb avg) Foreshank
Wild boar meat comes from truly wild animals that are trapped – not hunted – in Texas. The animals forage and root, eating a natural diet of grass, roots, nuts, fruits, acorns and grains. Wild boar meat is similar to pork, only darker, redder and more intensely flavored. Lean wild boar meat lends a unique flavor to your favorite recipes.
Just the facts
- Truly wild boar
- Natural diet of grass, roots, nuts, fruits, acorns and grains
- No hormones, no antibiotics
- USDA inspected
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Ships frozen, may thaw in transit
- 2 pieces per pack
- Because of fluctuating availability, we offer fore or hindshanks
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
The deeply flavored meat of this cut (from just above the knee joint of a wild boar hind leg) is very lean, high in gelatin and is best prepared using a slow, moist cooking method such as braising. This allows all the connective tissues and marrow to break down and create a thick sauce as it cooks. Be sure to have potatoes or bread to soak up all the delicious juices.