Whole Certified-Organic Free-Range Chicken
Organic free-range chicken, raised humanely, with no antibiotics, hormones, or arsenicals. Our farmers give the chickens non-GMO, organic feed, spring water, access to the outdoors and plenty of indoor space to express natural behaviors. Savor the buttery taste and texture of our delicious, award-winning chicken -- the first chicken on the market ever to be certified by the USDA as free-range organic.
Just the facts
- USDA-certified free-range organic chicken
- 100% non-GMO, organic feed
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- No arsenicals
- Raised to 8 weeks
- Air-chilled for no retained water
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Enjoy this fine organic chicken roasted with herbs, cut into pieces and fried, poached in broth, or however you like your chicken. When buying a whole chicken, remember to stash the bones away in the freezer after you’ve eaten the meat to make stock with later. Chicken stock is one of the secrets of great chefs—they use it in place of water in many recipes, as a base for sauces, and to impart umami to vegetable dishes. We are firm believers in using the whole animal—from beak to tail—and even getting the flavor and nutrition right out of the bones.